Paid contract position
TESL Ontario invites applications for the position of TESL Ontario Contact Editor, a two-year renewable contract position. The deadline for application is April 23, 2019. We anticipate a starting date of May 21, 2019 or earlier. Orientation for the Summer issue of Contact will be provided by the outgoing Contact Editor.
Contact, TESL Ontario’s professional development magazine, was first established in 1974 and has developed into a sophisticated, theme-based publication. It is published online three times a year to meet the needs of various ESL/ELD constituencies represented through the TESL Ontario membership. The readership is drawn from language instructors and teachers employed in ESL programs offered by community agencies, district school boards, colleges, universities and private schools across the elementary, secondary and adult panels.
- Soliciting suitable contributions
- Providing editorial work, layout, and formatting for TESL Ontario’s Contact Magazine
- Posting each of the articles in the WordPress system as a text document and as a PDF file, complete with artwork and tags
- Posting of the full complete versions of Contact as PDF files in the online WordPress system along with the necessary artwork for the articles and the cover
Skills required in addition to the editorial skill:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and WordPress software
- Ability to create PDF files
- Ability to create and modify images suitable for the magazine
The Editor receives a fee of $2,900 for each Contact issue upon completion of the work. TESL Ontario pays for the Editor’s TESL Ontario conference fee since this is a unique opportunity to gather material and meet members from TESL Ontario’s 12 Affiliate Chapters.
The Editor reports to TESL Ontario’s Executive Director and works closely with TESL Ontario’s Contact Editorial Advisory Board.
TESL Ontario is particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals who have a recognized ESL/EAL teaching and publication record as well as an established record of editorial work. Please review “Contact” under the Publications link on TESL Ontario’s website http://www.teslontario.org/publication for an overview of current and past issues.
Please forward a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of two individuals who are able to evaluate your editorial abilities to Renate Tilson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of April 23, 2019.